We found Fionnuala of Windy Acre Designs to be :
– Very covid conscious.
– Very professional and easy to discuss ideas and solutions.
-Very imaginative and was able to see amazing use of spaces that we had completely missed, also spotted few issues ie: septic tank, and a tree we planted too close to it, which now has to be moved before it grows any bigger and the roots smash through our septic tank, but more importantly she offers a solution.
– Her passion and love of gardening is obvious.
– Her local knowledge of weather, climate, winds etc is spot on.
– In depth detail and knowledge on a variety of horticulture topics.
– Practical, professional, pleasant and provided mood boards, garden plans and was able to describe her visions very clearly to us.
– No matter how crazy our ideas were, she listened intently and walked through the ideas with us, and discussed the possible pros and cons.
– Saved us €3000 on a sun shade that we were going to install but a 2 minute discussion made us see that it wouldn’t actually block against wind or sun or provide any shelter form anything, the only thing it would do properly would be to block out light coming into the kitchen due to its location. To be honest, I was a bit apprehensive when my partner suggested hiring a garden designer to help, as I thought we can do it ourselves, and put the money we save on hiring a Designer into buying something for the actual garden. But by hiring Windy Acre Designs, it has been the best value for money of anything that we’ve ever bought or done for the garden.
I cannot recommend Fionnuala highly enough. She will save you time, money, energy, labour, headache, heartache resources and in return you get a garden that you love.
Alan & Family, Cork